Alright party people, you’re here because you’ve done some things to your body that you now need to clear the record of. It doesn’t matter what it was—I’m not here to judge or take confession. I’m here to teach you how to flush your system of all those toxins and/or leftover junk.
Some of you may be surprised to learn that there are other things that might lead a person to want a clean body system. Many of these—surprise, surprise—are even legal. Most of you, however, realize that a great majority of the everyday ordinary things we do to/for ourselves aren’t so good. We eat poorly, drink and smoke too much, expose ourselves to noxious chemicals, and take medications. All of these things can cause the build-up of free radicals in our bodies, primarily in our fat cells, that can leave us feeling tired, worn down, sluggish, stupid, and ill. This article is designed not only to help you clean your system of weed; it is also designed to teach you how to clean out system impurities in general and thus help you to feel better and be healthier.
How to Cleanse Your System
- Cease and desist. First things first, people. You’re not gonna get that crap out of your system if you keep ingesting it. Drop the Big Mac, dump the beer, and flush that joint. I’m not one for pep talks. But really, you’re stronger than that shite. A word of warning though: when you start dropping some of the garbage from your routine, be prepared to feel kinda crappy for a few days. Your body may have become accustomed to the abuse and will need time to reprogram. Push through it, though. I promise you will thank yourself later.
- Start drinking healthy fluids. The best thing you can do to clean your system is to drink plenty of fluids. And no, that does not mean soft drink after soft drink. You should be drinking anywhere between 8 and 12 eight-ounce glasses of water or juice per day. Mix it up a bit. Water should be your number one, but mix in a few glasses of OJ and V8. Not only does proper hydration increase proper function of the liver and kidneys; it also increases osmoregulation in cells, which helps in the expulsion of toxins.
- Make changes in your diet. Healthy eating, while a little more expensive, is easy and extremely satisfying once you become accustomed to it. It’s also an important step in flushing your system. Avoid eating processed foods like frozen pot pies, Twinkies, potato chips, etc. Also try to avoid anything that contains high fructose corn syrup. Do eat things like whole grains, fruits and vegetables, beans, and nuts. I know it sounds kinda boring, but there’s a ton you can do with simple, natural ingredients. Invest in a good cookbook geared toward healthy eating. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.
- Clear your system with exercise. Exercise is vital when attempting to clean your system from the evils of yesterday. When you exercise, not only do you burn the fat cells that are imprisoning a good portion of the toxins in your body, but you are also sweating and increasing your metabolism. Sweating is one of the ways in which your body goes about cleaning your system. It does this by expelling toxins through your pores. An increased metabolism, on the other hand, works to detox your system in the same manner as exercising. It allows your body, even in times of rest, to burn more fat cells and thus release more toxins for your body to dispose of.
- Take a niacin supplement. Niacin . . . what the hell is niacin? Well, niacin is actually nothing more than vitamin B3. How does vitamin B3 help you to clean your system out? Never fear. I’ll tell you. Niacin is what the cool kids call a vasodilator. A vasodilator is something that opens up and widens your blood vessels and capillaries. This allows blood to move more freely through them. When more blood is flowing past those fat cells that are so thoughtfully holding on to toxins, it is able to pull more of them out at a quicker pace, which allows your body to clean your system more efficiently.
- Commit yourself to a little relaxation. I’m serious. Actually commit yourself to it. Work a few breaks into your day to just chill and de-stress yourself. Stress causes the body to release the “fight or flight” hormone known as cortisol. Once released, cortisol stimulates your body to release excess blood sugars. If you don’t burn these up by fighting or flighting, they get processed and stored as fat. And now class, tell me what we’ve learned about the relationship of fat cells, toxins, and cleaning your system.
How to Clean Your System with Alternative Detox Methods
I firmly believe that the best way for you to clean your system is by following the advice in the six steps listed above. It’s safe, natural, and doesn’t cause your body any undue stress. Some people, however, believe that they can get better and faster results through the use of expensive store-bought detox kits or through the use of detox methods that are a little more extreme. Perhaps the two most common of these extreme detox methods are taking diuretics and fasting. Call me crazy, but aside from the fact that these methods are tough on your body, they’ve gotta be unpleasant. But hey, what do I know? I’m not saying those methods won’t work. In fact, I’ve read enough reviews to be convinced that they probably do. I’m just saying that if you want to know how to clear your system, there are probably better ways to do it than by torturing yourself.
Clean Your Body System Naturally
Yogi DeTox Organic Tea. This detoxifying tea is comprised of a myriad of different roots, barks, fruits, flowers and seeds specially blended to aid your body in detoxifying itself by helping to increase liver and kidney function. Along with lending your liver and kidneys a helping hand, it also increases blood flow, which further helps in the process of cleaning your system.
Psyllium fiber.For those of you looking to clean your system of THC, you should consider taking some fiber. Psyllium is relatively cheap and readily available. To cut costs, buy it online or purchase store brands rather than name brands. I buy the Target brand (for other reasons), and a bottle of it only costs about four bucks. Psyllium fiber absorbs and holds on to THC so it passes through your back door rather than through the front and into a specimen cup. So, yeah…you can order some Metamucil Psyllium Fiber supplements from Amazon.
Apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries as a detoxifying agent. However, since it’s not the best tasting stuff in the world, you should, once a day, mix two tablespoons of it into a glass of water or cup of tea and use some honey to sweeten the concoction. It’ll help you face a detoxified day.